Friday, August 21, 2015

Shelly's Inspiration Post - Heart Balloon Ellie

Hello there everyone it's Shelly up on the blog today with a little inspiration for you.

For my card today I have used the fantastic Heart Balloon Ellie who is available here.  Isn't she gorgeous and she was an absolute dream to colour!

As always my card kind of evolved while I was making it and doesn't look anything like I imagined it in my head.  I love lots of layering on my cards and this one is no exception!


I have had these gorgeous Pebbles papers in my stash for so long and I don't think you can even buy them anymore.  I have been hanging on to them not wanting to use them up but I knew the colours were perfect for what I had in mind.

I have pricked around the edges of each of my patterned paper panels using my pricky tool and then drawn on some faux stitching with a brown fineliner.  I have then matted all of my layers onto brown cardstock to make them pop.

I die cut some circles from patterned paper and placed them randomly in the centre and cut out one of the flowers from the patterned paper to use as an embellishment.

I've coloured Ellie with Copics and fussy cut around her before mounting onto my card with foam pads.

To embellish I used some brown satin ribbon and some buttons....because a card can never have too many buttons right !

That's all from me today, have a great day :-)

Shelly xx

1 comment: